Team Leader Greenspaces - Tauranga
Downer Open Space Management have a reputation built through having great people, access to first class plant and equipment along with leading edge technology that allow us to deliver to the highest standards across New Zealand. Our teams are professional, focused on delivery of best practice on Parks Maintenance/Horticulture services to our clients and the members of the public.
About the role:
As the Team Leader:
- You are expected to work ‘hands on’ to ensure cover for the operations
- Provide training, development and leadership for team members
- You will be involved in the leadership, planning, organising, and delivery of your team’s activities
- You will need to ensure that all maintenance activities are undertaken to schedule to ensure that work is completed to the satisfaction of clients
- Ensure all targets around productivity; financial, quality and safety are met
We are looking for an experienced and/or up to Level 4 qualified Gardener who have:
- Qualification in Horticulture or significant industry experience
- Experience in managing and working with a diverse team of people
- Experience in driving operational activities to ensure quality is achieved, work completed the schedule and rework is minimised
- Proven successful track record in developing a culture that supports zero harm management, encouraging and rewarding excellence
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong problem solving skills and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Full clean Class 1 drivers licence (Class 2 preferred)
What we offer:
- A role with us can advance your career and expand your skills
- We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment
- We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry
- We offer a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 582636 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Back to search results