Program Manager - Defence
Job ID: 582969
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane
Categories: Information Technology, Project Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Professional Services provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Professional Services, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Professional Services is currently seeking expressions of interest from Program/Project Managers for the Air Combat Systems branch within Defence. This program of work is based in Canberra however, remote working arrangements will be considered for the right candidate(s) with the right experience.
- Development of future contracting concept for the Capability. Lead the project and contract outcomes with coordination of release to market activities, contract closure and contract start;
- Develop the project plans and supporting artefacts required to gain appropriate delegate approval(s);
- Implementation, maturation and delivery of day-to-day Project governance including:
- Organisation and conduct of forums, including stakeholder mapping and liaison
- Tracking and where required management of the Project scope;
- Management of the Project schedule;
- Management of Project financial resources;
- Identification, assessment and management of Project risks, issues and opportunities;
- Development of Project plans and Government Project Approval artefacts; and
- Providing ad-hoc advice within areas of expertise.
This task requires individuals with a strong consulting toolkit, including a focus on problem solving, analytical ability, communication skills, and project management expertise. The fast paced and complex environment demands for a forward leaning, proactive and flexible outlook with the drive and strategic presence to drive projects through to completion.
- An experienced Program/Project Management professional who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Defence and/or CASG experience.
- PMP or Prince2 certification.
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Experience working in a high performing project team.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time