Maintenance Delivery Manager
Job ID: 584309
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Trades
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer’s Rail & Transit Systems business unit which offers over 100 years' experience in rail, proven delivery of the largest new fleets in Australia and are the largest national rollingstock maintainer. Our dedicated team is currently working on Victoria’s new High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMT) rollout. The HCMT project is a Victorian Government initiative and a $2.3 billion investment in Victoria's rolling stock industry. If you are career focused and looking for a stable, long term career with a well respected employer, this might be your next role!
As Maintenance Delivery Manager, you will be based in Pakenham, working on a 24/7 roster, responsible for leading a team that will deliver all aspects of maintenance activities for the HCMT fleet. You will provide frontline planning, technical supervision and support to the multi-skilled workforce in ensuring preventative maintenance, fault analysis and relevant rectification work is carried out to the correct standards and time frames to meet HCMT contractual requirements.
- Ideally you will be trade or tertiary qualified in engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in a rolling stock maintenance or similar electromechanical background.
- Significant leadership experience, driving a high performing accountable workforce.
- Proven experience in the maintenance planning and management of work schedules and working to deadlines to meet contractual fleet availability.
- Demonstrable application of LEAN methodologies within a maintenance environment.
- Ability to create innovative solutions to problems, implement change and lead quality and zero harm initiatives.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and how to drive it.
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain sound relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
What we offer
- An opportunity to join our expanding, rail and transit systems business offering stability
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. For more information about this position please contact Helen Rice- Talent & Sourcing Business Partner. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time