Scheduler - Mineral Technologies
Job ID: 584330
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brisbane, Gold Coast
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Trades, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
ABOUT MINERAL TECHNOLOGIES
Working with customers in mining operations for over 80 years, Mineral Technologies (MT) , a subsidiary of Downer, delivers innovative, cost effective process technology and solutions for Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and a wide range of other fine minerals worldwide.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Downer Mineral Technologies is seeking a Scheduler to Create, update and maintain project schedules and provision of timely schedule data and metrics to the project team. This role will report to the Equipment & Operations Services Manager. This role will ideally be based at the Mineral Technologies Gold Coast office however there is flexibility to work from the Brisbane Milton Office.
- Gather all relevant documentation in order to fully understand the scope of the project
- WBS development
- Generate project schedules for tenders and executed engineering projects
- Generate and maintain a Basis of Schedule document
- Resource load and/or cost load the schedule and in line with approved budgets and provide cost and labour forecasting
- Updating schedules based on earned value and progress data obtained from project stakeholders and subcontractors
- Expediting of sub-contractor’s manufacturing, procurement & construction plans
- Maintaining schedule integrity to enable critical path analysis, s-curve and progress reporting
- Identify schedule risks and opportunities, conduct SRA and communicate to the project stakeholders
- Project reporting in a reliable and timely manner
- Provide detailed assessment of delays and liaise with commercial tam on extension of time claims and analyses
- Communicate early warnings of deviations to the plan
- Suggest corrective actions and develop recovery plans
- Assist in development of company business analytics and dashboards for project schedule management
- Trade or Tertiary Qualifications with a minimum of 5yrs experience with energy, construction, mining and infrastructure industries.
- 5yrs experience in project scheduling, planning and monitoring
- Sound knowledge and operating experience of Primavera Enterprise (P6) and Microsoft Project
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with JDEGS software an advantage
- Power BI or other business data analytics experience an advantage
- Work well with a cross-functional team, including commercial, engineering and procurement personnel to provide accurate and timely project schedule updates
- Professional communication skills and confidence to engage with Clients and as required
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organised and process-driven
- Adaptability and willingness to learn from and assist other project controls peers
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration.
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting challenges with projects across the world.
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time