Downer Professional Services are currently seeking Integrated Logistics Support professionals with a range of experience (junior to senior) to support our engagements within the Commonwealth Government. These roles are centered in Canberra or may be elsewhere in Australia where projects are based, or hybrid work is possible.
- Integrated Logistics Support Officer
- Integrated Logistics Support Manager
- Integrated Logistics Support Engineer
An Integrated Logistics Support Professional will perform and achieve logistics management work within an integrated workforce. They will exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures, as well as establishing and maintaining stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation, and issues management to ensure project deliverables are met.
What does an Integrated Logistics Support professional do?
- Assist in developing logistic strategies, documentation and plans that support Project objectives and activities.
- Ensure the efficiency and cost effectiveness of logistics operations by employing life cycle cost modeling and logistics support analysis techniques
- Implement processes and procedures to support the acquisition and sustainment of equipment in accordance with Defence requirements
- Participate in ILS Planning workshops and work collaboratively with stakeholders
- Provide oral and written briefings to project/program leadership
What you bring:
- An Engineering degree, formal undergraduate or postgraduate training in ILS, or sufficient experience in the ILS discipling
- An understanding of the integration requirements both within acquisition and support elements, and between ILS and other disciplines such as engineering, project management, commercial, legal etc.
- Experience in developing or assisting in ILS documentation, including a range of logistics and associated technical strategies, plans, concepts, reports, instructions, statement of work, transition plans and communication artefacts
- Experience undertaking, evaluating, or informing logistic support analysis
- Knowledge of and compliance with legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence’s mission and policy requirements
- Experience in developing or assisting in tender documentation pertaining to logistics
- Experience in providing advice into logistics management activities and technical reviews
- Experience and understanding of the One Defence Capability System (formerly the Capability Life Cycle).
- Practical knowledge and experience in identifying, applying, and monitoring supply support/inventory management activities in a major acquisition project
Candidates must be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance, and ideally already hold a clearance at the NV1 level. For this reason, applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
About Downer Professional Services
Downer Professional Services is part of the Downer Defence business and are committed to providing fully integrated professional services and managed solutions primarily to the Australian Government. We are a major contributor to the modernisation of land, maritime, air and joint communications and information systems across the Australian Defence Force and other government agencies. The combined footprint of Downer Professional Services and Spotless, makes Downer Defence one of the only sovereign, integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Lifecycle offering mindset. We are part of Downer Group, the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
Our commitment to providing equal employment opportunities
Downer Professional Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.