Supervisor - Unified Network
Job ID: 586344
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Perth, Canning Vale
Categories: Construction, Telecommunications
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer's contract with NBN Co’s Unified Field Operations – Networks (UNIFY) manages and optimises the National Broadband Network. The objective of the contract is to “Deliver great customer experience through exceptional network management” which will be achieved by restoring the network as soon as possible after an incident has occurred whilst continually improving and ensuring the integrity of the network by undertaking proactive and reactive maintenance activities.
We now have an opportunity for a Supervisor to join our project team based out of Canning Vale, WA. You will supervise our service partners, ensuring delivery of ticket of work and project works are on-time and to schedule as well as monitor quality, delivering all work to a high standard. With our Zero Harm culture at the forefront, you will always promote safe working practices and a culture of safe behaviours and attitudes. A strong emphasis on quality is required as well as an in depth understanding of cost variations, ticket of works, schedule of rates and health & safety. Previous experience in a similar role combined with a collaborative leadership style will ensure your success in this position.
- An ability to work across a rotating shift/roster basis to accommodate a 24/7 365 day services contract
- Demonstrable experience in Telecommunications Networks with a Cert 3 Telecommunications or equivalent preferred
- Supervisory experience within the telecommunications industry combined with a proven track record of managing a sub contractor or direct workforce to meet defined targets
- Proven ability to coordinate a site with multiple work disciplines and facets with a proven track record of meeting defined targets
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: Copper, Fibre or Active Equipment Installation (Qualification/Accreditation preferred)
- An understanding of productivity requirements for network operation and maintenance
- A thorough understanding of service delivery processes with a self-sufficient, flexible and customer oriented approach to work
- Safety and quality focused with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to deliver on time, to plan and to a high standard
- Passionate and driven to provide a high level of service to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal communication and people management skills
- Team player who embraces Downer’s 4 Pillars of Safety, Delivery, Relationships and Thought Leadership.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary package plus Tool of Trade of Vehicle
- Employee benefits & wellness program
- Work in an essential services industry
For more information please contact Paula Collins, Talent & Sourcing Business Partner - email@example.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time