Senior Payroll Officer
Job ID: 586872
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Sydney, North Ryde, Brisbane, Melbourne
Categories: Finance & Payroll
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
An exciting 12 Month Fixed Term opportunity has become available within the BSC (Business Services Centre) for a Senior Payroll Officer, based in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
Services provided by the BSC to Downer Group include payroll, purchase to pay, accounts receivable, and travel and expense management. The delivery of these services is enabled by the combined efforts of BSC’s solution advisory, solution training and systems accounting teams, together with change management, finance and human resources specialists.
The Senior Payroll Officer is responsible for the completion of a high-quality comprehensive payroll service and to provide a mentoring and support role to the Payroll Officers. You will also be responsible for but not limited:
- Ensuring the operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities, including wage/salary disbursements, overpayment recovery, leave management and reporting are accurate and delivered within appropriate timeframes and comply with relevant legislation and within segregation of duties guidelines
- Providing accurate and timely first round reconciliation of payroll processes including main pays and off cycle payments including Superannuation, Tax, Payroll Tax and GL Costing where applicable.
- Full capability in processing payroll using the relevant HRMS in line with all payroll deadlines as specified and agreed by Payroll Team Leader and business SLA
- Adhering to all Downer policies, procedures and standards
- Working as a part of a cohesive Team to meet all required deadlines and levels of service as outlined in Service Level Agreements.
- Meeting set KPI’s as documented and agreed with BSC Management
- Demonstrating own initiative to investigate and assist the BSC team to fix Payroll issues
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar payroll processing role is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in superior customer service
- Exposure to multiple EAs and high-volume (+1,000 employees) payroll processing will be beneficial
- Training or team development experience will be beneficial
- Experience in Pay Global, Attaché, Meridian, SAP, Oracle V12 and/or Oracle Express HR as determined by role
- Ability to effectively communicate, work and build relationships with a range of relevant stakeholders, including employees, other team members, business site representatives and HR
- Provide support and coaching to other members of the Payroll Operations team as required or requested
- Comprehensive knowledge of payroll legislation and best practice to be applied in the payroll space.
- Knowledge of TIPT/QMS systems preferred but not essential
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office- Excel, Outlook and Word
WHATS ON OFFER
As an employee of Downer, you may benefit from a range of career support programs, wellbeing packages and financial benefits, available through us and our selected partners. These include:
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program;
- On-Site Childcare (Sydney North Ryde office)
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Salary sacrifice superannuation;
- Novated leasing;
- Banking discounts & offers;
- Discounted travel & accommodation;
- Discounted vehicle rentals;
- Offers and cash back on selected shopping portals;
- Discounts on technology products; and
- Exclusive offers on a range of vehicles.
If you are enthusiastic and dedicated to establishing and growing your career we’d love to speak to you! Hit apply now or contact Paul Sampedro for more information on Paul.Sampedro@downergroup.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time