Legal Counsel - Industrial Relations
Job ID: 587087
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Human Resources, Legal
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Do you like a challenge? Do you see the big picture along with the journey through it?
We are looking for a Legal Counsel for our Industrial Relations team based ideally in our Melbourne office. Supporting our Australian Operations, no two days will be the same and there is no shortage of interesting challenges within an organisation that is diverse and approximately 50,000 people strong.
In this role you will work as part of a small team of employment lawyers, reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel Industrial Relations. You will directly advise and support our broader Human Resources team, as well as line managers across a wide range of business lines (including Defence, Facilities & Asset Services, Infrastructure Projects, Road Services and Utilities) in every state and territory in Australia.
- Proficient knowledge of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
- Proven ability to understand and interpret industrial instruments, legislative obligations, contracts of employment, company policies and associated documents.
- Experience in managing simultaneous employment litigation in a range of jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated ability to build stakeholder relationships quickly and confidently in a fast-paced, complex project based environment.
- Ability to deliver legal advice and training to a non-legal audience.
- Ability to work as part of a team under limited supervision to achieve project deadlines and milestones.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and competing priorities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate level of competency in the MS suite i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Great salary and other employee benefits such as discounts on shopping, gym membership, salary sacrificing, novated leasing and more!
- Our people have the opportunity to work flexibly depending on their job and needs. From home working to regular working hours, talk to us about what flexibility looks like to you.
Please contact Susie Cooper at Susie.email@example.com. Please do not send applications directly to this email address as they will not be accepted.
We respectfully ask for no agency approaches.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time