Piling Superintendent (Auckland)
Downer’s Transport Projects division delivers multi-disciplined infrastructure solutions throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific, in the road, rail, renewable, marine, and civil sectors. We’ve had some great successes in the past couple of years both nationally and within the pacific region.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Our Auckland transport projects team are looking for an experienced Piling Superintendent. Downer have a number of transport projects in the pipeline and many more are already underway; this is a fantastic time to join our business and be part of this growth period!
About the Role:
The Piling Superintendent will coordinate all piling site construction activities and supervise all field personnel to successfully complete projects as per contracts, on schedule and within budget.
This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety insuring at all time that Zero Harm strategies and systems are implemented and monitored.
The superintendent will provide leadership to the site piling operations teams including mentoring of site supervisors and experienced rig operators. They will have a very good understanding of the project plans and specifications and be integral in their development.
This includes being adaptable to change with unforeseen conditions as project progress and be able to develop alternative solutions for discussions.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- A self-starter, highly motivated and goal oriented.
- Professionally and technically competent
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and production of all phases of construction.
- Ability to provide operational guidance for tender and construction methodologies.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects with extensive plant and resource knowledge.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints
- Analyses problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Ability to instil a safe and quality focused site wide culture.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective listening skills
- Demonstrated excellence in Whole Team functionally.
- Clearly demonstrates leadership behaviours that empower others
This role will require flexibility as working on projects outside your home base will be required from time to time.
These opportunities do not come up very often, so do not delay apply online www.downercareers.co.nz quote reference 587140.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Back to search results