Road Maintenance Trainee
Job ID: 589750
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term, Full Time - Permanent
Location: Kalgoorlie - Boulder
Categories: Maintenance, Construction, New Careers (Apprenticeships, Cadetships, Graduates and Internships)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
With the experience of maintaining more than 36,000 kilometres of road in Australia, DM Roads understands the cycle of planning, delivery and review of maintenance and improvement works. DM Roads provides pavement rehabilitation, sealing and paving solutions to deliver end-to-end value in the management of road networks.
An exciting opportunity is available for someone looking to kick start their career as a Road Maintenance Trainee with our Road Maintenance team based out of Kalgoorlie, WA. The core duties of the road maintenance team are to perform road pavement maintenance and sign installation works, ensuring a high level of service across the community. This will include, but not be limited to unsealed road maintenance, bridge maintenance, road signage installations and repairs and many other road maintenance activities.
- Current C Class Australian Driver's Licence
- Current General Construction Induction card (desirable)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision if required
- Ability to work both intrastate/interstate for periods of time
- A strong commitment to a Zero Harm culture
WHAT WE OFFER
- On the job training and up-skilling
- Above award pay rates and yearly increases
- Championing Health & Safety initiatives for all our employees and visitors
- Downer is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Continued investment & industry leading research & development into sustainable practices that contribute to the circular economy
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on "Apply" and submit your application. Please ensure you attach copies of your Resume, Licences, Tickets and proof of eligibility to work in Australia i.e. passport/birth certificate to your online application.
We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please contact Melanie French – Talent and Sourcing Business Partner.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time