Site Supervisor - Sewer
Job ID: 591087
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Melbourne, Dandenong
Categories: Construction, Water
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer is a leading infrastructure group connecting industries and communities with vital infrastructure. Downer has a strong focus on Transport, Utilities, Facilities and Asset Services and is responsible for creating, operating and maintaining public and private assets serving millions of people every day.
Downer have secured a 10-year contract with leading water retailer South East Water. This will be 24/7 reactive maintenance on their water and wastewater assets. The contract will also include minor capital works. Due to obtaining this exciting new project within our Water Services portfolio, we will be looking to expand our already thriving and diverse workforce.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, we are searching for a Site Supervisor on a Full Time, permanent basis. Based primarily at our central depot in Dandenong South, the purpose of this role is to coordinate, supervise and motivate our Water & Wastewater field crew across the South-East region. This position will involve travel to sites as required.
The core function of this role will include:
- Respond to emergency calls and complete scoping activities.
- Plan for the successful completion of all Work Orders including allocation of the crew, ordering of materials, and the engagement of any specialist services and contractors.
- Complete toolbox talks as required.
- Monitor and control expenditure via montage on all sewer jobs and ensure appropriate approval is obtained for major expense items.
- Monitor crew performance, work schedule adherence and provide staff development.
- Strong track record in the water and waste water industry and the ability to lead, develop and motivate a team.
- Willingness to participate in an afterhours roster when required.
- White card, Drivers Licence (MR/HR desirable) & First Aid Certification.
- Excavator Licence.
- Confined Spaces Ticket.
- A strong safety focus and the ability to interpret and enforce Downers Zero Harm policies, procedures and standards.
- Experience with MS Office software.
- Delivery focused, well organised and a strong communicator.
- Join us at a time of major growth and evolution and work within the booming water industry.
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives.
- Inclusive work culture that embraces diversity and inclusion.
- Access to broader Downer group opportunities.
- Competitive remuneration & Tool of Trade Vehicle provided.
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
Apply for this great opportunity by visiting careers.downeredi.com or clicking 'apply' below.
For further information contact:
Bonnie Lowson | Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time