Zero Harm Advisor
Job ID: 591995
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Health Safety & Environment
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail and Transit Systems (RTS) is committed to providing the highest quality of Rollingstock & Overhaul services for both the local Queensland and wider Australian markets. RTS have an exciting opportunity for a Zero Harm Advisor to join our team based in our Maryborough Service Delivery Centre.
About the role:
As the Zero Harm (ZH) Advisor you will provide support to the Senior ZH Advisor, and business unit operations, to ensure compliance with local ZH management plans, regularly review risk registers, and implement programs stipulated in the Downer ZH plans.
This is a full-time permanent position based in our Maryborough Service Delivery Centre, Queensland. Due to continuous project wins and additional resources on site this is a new position created to support the Zero Harm Manager Queensland.
- Work closely with the ZH Manager to obtain guidance on business ZH objectives and provide feedback on local business performance.
- Provide reporting and oversight in line with the strategic direction of the ZH operational requirements.
- Partner with operational management and project teams to maintain compliance with relevant legislation and Downer policies and procedures.
- Provide ZH advice and support to compliment the ZH strategic direction and the ZH requirements of the operations.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance on risk management, planning and compliance auditing, incident management practices, standards and compliance related matters.
- Conduct field surveillance audit/inspections.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Certificate IV, Diploma or higher level qualifications in Work Health & Safety
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a ZH Advisor
- Desirable relevant industry experience such as manufacturing, construction or structural
- Experience conducting audits and preparation of corrective actions and reports
- Preparation and delivery of various ZH awareness or training programs
- Extensive working knowledge of safety legislation and its application into business
- Experience working with Australian Quality, Safety and Environment Standards
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
Downer is dedicated to nurturing our people personally and professionally through skills development, competitive benefits, career pathways and fostering a proudly diverse and supportive workplace culture.
We foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- The ability to work on key rollingstock projects with an industry leader
- Permanent full-time position with excellent career progression opportunities
- Competitive remuneration, with on-going training and support
- Employee benefits and wellness program
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward-thinking company
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- An opportunity to work with an ASX Listed Company.
How to apply:
To apply for this opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button.
For more information about this position please contact Kodi Gordon – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner - email@example.com.
Applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical, and on-going drug and alcohol screening.
Downer Group is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time