Environmental Advisor - Zero Harm
BUMA Australia was established in 2021 to acquire the Open Cut Mining business of Downer. This acquisition included the transition of all people, mining services contracts, assets, systems and intellectual property from a business which has successfully provided mining and civil services in diverse locations and across many commodities for over 75 years. Currently BUMA Australia successfully manages operations across four sites and we have plans to continue to expand and grow.
Everything we do is underpinned by our vision – to be a leading mining service provider contributing to future energy solutions and is supported by our core values of safety, integrity, innovation, collaboration and people
BUMA Australia are currently a seeking a self-motivated and innovative Environmental Advisor to join the team at our Brisbane office. This is full time, permanent role.
Reporting to the Health, Safety & Sustainability Manager you will work in accordance with BUMA values and demonstrate commitment, active involvement and leadership regarding Environment requirements and accountabilities.
Key elements of the system that the role will be accountable for are:
- BUMA Environment and Sustainability Management System
- Environmental Monitoring and Compliance programmes
- Environmental performance dashboards (currently Power BI)
- Energy Usage consumption database
- Australian Standards
- HSET Content Library to ensure effective communication of pertinent information
- Monitoring and updating the compliance database
The role is required to assist with making these Systems:
- Compliant with Legislation and Standards
- Readily usable and available to people who use the system
This accountability involves:
- Development and improvement of the system
- Checking that the system is being effectively implemented.
- Continuously focusing on improvement of systems, looking for opportunities to use the system more efficiently.
- Ensuring key stakeholders are informed on issues or initiatives
- Documenting processes in our Integrated Management System
Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent would be highly regarded. Familiarity with Risk Management Processes and Controls and Health, Safety, Environmental Management Systems would also be of advantage.
What we offer:
- A positive and inclusive working environment
- Monday – Friday role
- Competitive remuneration package with professional, financial and lifestyle benefits
- A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- The chance to join a newly formed business passionate about mining
BUMA Australia will offer you competitive remuneration, and perhaps more importantly an opportunity to work in a nimble and growing business where you have a greater chance of making an impact and influencing systems, policies and decisions.
As you’d expect in an organisation of our size and scope, we also provide a range of additional benefits such as support for continuous personal and professional development.
You can find out more about us at buma.com.au
Do you have what it takes? Apply now!
Back to search results