Job ID: 592091
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Eastern Creek, Newcastle, Bathurst, Dubbo, Forbes, Orange, Parkes, Tamworth, Teralba
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
- Based in Eastern Creek
- Permanent Position
- Develop your career with an industry leader
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
Due to organic growth, we are looking for a Site Engineer to join our Pavement Rehabilitation business. This is a great opportunity for a junior engineer to work with an enthusiastic and driven team delivering minor civil works contracts up to $10 million. You will be working across Sydney and regional New South Wales across multiple projects.
Central to this role is exposure across the Civil construction sector (preferably Roads) with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Ideally, you will have qualifications in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of minor projects
- Exposure to resource planning and business/project management
- Astute in the preparation of project budgets and review of financial information
- You will be an active team member in the preparation of tenders
- Possesses strong negotiation & problem-solving skills
- A natural relationship builder who collaborates to build and sustain enduring relationships
- Proficient computer skills with high competence in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
What we offer
- Inclusive work culture that embraces diversity
- Access to a variety of benefits and incredible discounts to support you and your family’s lifestyle
- Proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Find out the benefits we offer via this link: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/downer
- A tool of trade vehicle
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please contact Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time