WHO WE ARE
Downer Next Generation Technologies (Downer NGT) helps customers respond and leverage technical innovation to their competitive advantage. Downer has formed the NGT business which delivers state-of-the-art technical solutions and services for Government Agencies, Local Governments, Transport Authorities, Industrial and Resources customers by implementing Ticketing Systems ITS (Intelligent Transport Solutions), Communications Networks, CCTV, Security and Access Control Systems.
Due to recently awarded projects in infrastructure, local governments, industrial and mining sectors our workload has significantly increased and we are seeking experienced Communications and Fibre Technicians to join our team on a full-time basis generally working 40 hour week with the expectation to work over-time and night shifts (paid) when required.
You will be responsible for performing service/repair, alteration, installation and maintenance of all fibre optic and communications related systems ie; SMOF, MMOF, Blown Fibre, Cat6 structured cabling, etc. and assisting other skilled trades when required.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Performs service/installation of all aspects associated with Fibre Optic infrastructure.
- Prepare and terminate various types/modes of fibre optic cable including SMOF, MMOF, Blown and OPGW.
- Able to test, diagnose and record fibre optic cables using both Light Source & Power Meter and OTDR, including compiling test results for client submission.
- Ability to work on all types of joints and enclosures, internal and external from 6 – 144 Cores.
- Able to install, terminate, test and diagnose Cat 6 & Cat 6A Structured cabling installations including compiling test results for client submission.
- Amend, update and provide new drawings/records as required.
- Coordinate with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Inform personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
- Prepare documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats (e.g. daily paperwork/log, time and materials, key and material records, key inventory, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support in compliance with regulations and/or conveying information.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate issues.
- Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Assist other trades personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities (i.e. coordination with electricians, security)
- Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- 2+ years of experience as Communications / Fibre Technician preferably in industrial, commercial, mining, rail and main roads environment
- Previous Security and CCTV systems experience is an advantage
- ACMA Open Cablers Licence with fibre optic and copper endorsements
- High Risk Licences (EWP, working at heights, confined space)
- BHP and Rio Tinto Inducted (desirable)
- Security Licence (highly desirable)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Job Security in a permanent full-time position
- Attractive hourly rates, over time rates and penalties
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- This role offers you an opportunity to work in an agile dynamic environment
- Ability to develop your career within a highly successful and multi-disciplined organisation
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee differences and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on “Apply Now” button.
To be considered for these opportunities you must be able to demonstrate that you have full working rights in Australia.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES
Downer reserves the right to close this position at any time.
Back to search results