Sealing Sprayer Driver Operator
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand’s infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Mā te whanaungatanga ka angitū – Relationships creating success. We are committed to creating and sustaining the modern environment by building trusted relationships with our customers, our people and our communities to help them thrive. From our roads to rail, ports, and airports, our Transport business is responsible for keeping New Zealand moving. Our people are experts in their fields, influencing and shaping New Zealand’s future.
About the role:
Within our Business, the Sprayer Operator directs and controls the activities and operations of a crew or crews on a day to day basis, optimising the use of company resources and contributing to the successful completion of contracts i.e. customers are satisfied and all targets (Safety, Quality, Environment, Productivity and profit) are achieved.
- Direct and control activities of crew on a day-to-day basis in accordance with project plans and targets
- Allocate tasks to staff and ensure they operate efficiently
- Ensure pre-start checks of plant items are carried out, documented and filed
- Liaise with client and company representatives and also the public when required
- Lead by example, driving Zero Harm through operational excellence
As you’ll be working on heavy machinery, you’ll bring with you Full NZ Class 1 – 5DG licences. You will be a team player and have experience with chip sealing plant and procedures.
- Formal qualifications are not required but a Sprayer Operator must have effective communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Keen to communicate and contribute to the team goals
- Leadership skills
What Difference can Downer offer you?
Downer offers more than just the basics you'd expect from a large organisation. We’ve created an empowering, fail-forward, inclusive culture where you can thrive and be recognized for the great work you do. Our benefits are designed to develop the whole person, at home and at work - trust us when we say we’ve got you covered. Here’s just a brief insight into some of the many things we can offer you:
- A competitive remuneration package
- Flexible work opportunities + the whole team works from home on Fridays!
- A dedicated personal development plan and a huge range of Training Programs including Leadership Pathways, Mental Health First Aid Training and plenty more
- A clear career pathway within Recruitment and exposure to HR, Learning & Development, Corporate Social Outcomes, Operations, plus more across the Downer business
- Access to free counseling services, Downer Whanau scholarships, Downer Donate and Volunteering to support you, your whanau and your community
- A comprehensive employee benefits package through our partners - you will receive a great range of corporate discounts and benefits across banking, insurance, retailers, technology, vehicles, automotive, healthcare, childcare, homeware, dental care, travel, accommodation, gym memberships and more!
We might be biased, but we truly believe our team is the best. You will love being a part of the Downer community! Come and see for yourself what makes Downer different, as we continue to build our future! Literally.
How to bring your Difference to Downer
If you are interested in the work that we are doing to make New Zealand better and want to take your career to the future with us, then we want to hear from you. Hit the Apply Now button to fill out an application form. If you would like to learn more about us, the work that we are doing, and the difference we are making to the communities we work in then head to our website to find out more https://www.downergroup.com/case-studies and https://people.downergroup.co.nz/
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Back to search results