Laboratory Technician / Plant Operator
Job ID: 594698
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Largs Bay
Categories: Manufacturing, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer is an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age, offering flexible working options.
Downer's Road Services business is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
An excellent opportunity for a considerate and dependable Laboratory Technician / Plant Operator has become available within our Blended Products division based in Largs Bay, SA. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations involved in the manufacturing of blended bitumen products using our industry leading state of the art blending plant, some plant maintenance and materials testing. You will also assist with the loading of trucks, maintaining a safe and clean work environment and any other tasks associated with the role.
Ideally this role is suited to candidates with 3-5 years of Materials testing or Manufacture exposure within Asphalt/Emulsion Manufacturing, Chemical Manufacturing or Heavy Industrial Manufacturing sectors. However, other industry applicants with suitable materials testing or manufacture experience are encouraged to apply.
- Forklift Licence
- Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques (desirable)
- Knowledge of materials testing in a laboratory environment (desirable)
- Well-developed communication skills
- Good concentration and the ability to prioritise tasks
- A strong 'team player' with the ability to work efficiently with others
- A strong commitment to a Zero Harm culture
WHY WORK FOR US
- Inclusive work culture that embraces diversity
- Access to a variety of benefits and incredible discounts to support you and your family's lifestyle
- Proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Find out the benefits we offer via this link: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/downer
- Highly supportive, team-oriented organisation
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX listed company
For more information please reach out to Melanie French - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner at E: Melanie.French@downergroup.com
Please note, applications will not be accepted via email.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button