Job ID: 595586
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail & Transit Systems business has a wide portfolio of projects currently in delivery nationally. RTS leverages the in-house capabilities within Downer to offer integrated solutions covering rollingstock, infrastructure, rail systems, operations and maintenance, as well as system integration. We are currently seeking experienced Electrical Fitters to join our team based in Newport, Victoria.
About the role:
- Primarily responsible for the Electrical works of new and refurbished rollingstock
- Completing all documentation and inspection check sheets
Specific desired skills and experience:
- Trade qualified – Certificate III in Electrotechnology
- Ability to work unsupervised and be a hands-on team player
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise tasks
- Flexible and resourceful
- Strong communication skills.
Downer Group believes that our employees are fundamental to the culture and success of the company. Our people enjoy working for us because we offer a challenging, diverse but rewarding work environment. Downer takes pride in being an employer of choice taking responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities and the environment in which we operate.
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- Work with a large, well respected organisation that is continuing to grow
- A workplace focused on Zero Harm; safety is at the core of everything we do
- Applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link. For further information, please email Jessica.Burley@downergroup.com
- The selection process will commence prior to the closing date
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time