Job ID: 596288
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail and Transit Systems is looking for an experienced Diesel Maintainer to join our team in VIC - Newport.
Downer RTS is a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia. This is a full time opportunity and you will be working with our highly collaborative and capable team in Newport.
This role will appeal to individuals seeking challenging and varied work on a 7 day rotating roster pattern.
You will be responsible for the safe and efficient servicing, testing, repairs, overhauls and modifications of Diesel Locomotives.
- Trade qualifications within a mechanical environment.
- Previous experience within a heavy maintenance environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience gained within the rail industry or other relevant industries.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings.
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedure.
- Knowledge and understanding of all technical aspects of rail vehicles will be highly advantageous.
- Proven ability to maintain work schedules and work to budgets.
- Can-do, ambitious, energetic and flexible attitude is essential.
- Team player, with integrity and resourcefulness to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership that strives towards the commitment to Zero Harm.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 7 day rotating shift pattern. (Day shift only 11.43Hr)
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For further information please contact Jessica.email@example.com.
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medicals and on-going drug and alcohol screening.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time