Zero Harm Officer
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Utilities is a multidisciplinary business, working with State- and Privately-owned utility networks across Western Australia.
Our operations encompass the management, replacement and growth of Power, Gas and Water transmission and distribution networks. These critical works ensure the continuity of energy supply to the Western Australian community including both residential and commercial customers. We operate both in the metro and regional areas across a varied scope of asset inspection, maintenance and installation. The Downer Utilities business enjoys longevity of services with major utilities as ensuring continuity of supply to our customers and the general public never rests.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We have an opportunity for an entry level Safety Officer to join the Downer Utilities team and support the safety function, provide leadership and coordination of Safety practices, systems, and procedures.
Based at our Canning vale office with regular metro site visits, responsibilities will include:
- Investigate incidents and monitor implementation of corrective actions
- Monitor compliance with Safety and Environment policy, procedures and legislative requirements
- Conduct regular inspections and audits
- Conduct or facilitate Safety educational programs
- Assist with reporting requirements as required
- Represent the business at customer meetings and safety forums
- Produce and implement new safety initiatives, engage in gaining real time feedback from field crews and work towards continually improving safety outcomes for the business and its people.
- Develop, review and update HSEQ related Documents
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in WHS / OHS or equivalent or a Diploma in WHS / OHS
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (desirable but not essential)
- Up to one years' experience in a similar role
- ICAM lead investigator or similar root cause analysis training (desirable)
- Collaborative with ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- High level of self-discipline, motivation, energy and initiative
- Time management skills coupled with the ability to work on multiple items with conflicting deadlines
- Previous experience in driving the creation and maintenance of a strong safety culture with a large subcontractor and employee workforce is desirable
- Previous experience in complying with and continuous improvement of auditing of AS4801, ISO14001, 9001 is desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all facets of the Downer team
- Competitive salary package with overtime and uplift allowances
- Access to professional and personal Learning & Development programs
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Being part of an experienced and supportive team, training and mentorship and the chance to work on iconic major infrastructure projects.
- Company supplied vehicle and fuel card.
- The opportunity to work on long term contracts where you have the time to make a difference and influence the culture.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information about this position, please contact: Claire Holder –Sourcing and Recruitment Business Partner email email@example.com
Please click on the “Apply Now” button to apply for this great opportunity.
Please note: Applications will not be accepted via email.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES
As a pre-requisite for these roles, candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical, and drug screening.
Back to search results