Job ID: 596368
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Sydney, Auburn
Categories: Maintenance, Manufacturing, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail and Transit Systems (RTS) has a great opportunity for a Train Technician to join our facility in Auburn, NSW.
This position is a key component of Downer Rail's multi-skilled environment and play a critical role in the delivery, reliability, maintainability and sustainability of the Rollingstock at our Auburn facility and satellite locations throughout the Sydney Metropolitan area.
About the role:
- You will carry out defect rectification and routine maintenance on rolling stock
- You will be required to plan your own time to ensure the safe and efficient completion of any required task.
- The key targets of the role are to ensure the service requirements are met and the trains enter service on time and defect free as well as completing all necessary documentation.
- You will meet the requirements of the safety accountability statement for the role.
- You must have Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) minimum level 3 aligned Mechanical or Electrical Trade qualifications. (Other related disciplines will also be considered)
- Previous experience working in within railway maintenance or asset management environment is preferred
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence is a role requirement
- You should be able to read, comprehend and apply technical drawings for effective fault finding
- Knowledge of engineering best practices and electric traction is desirable
- You should be able to recognise and manage challenges to help drive continuous improvement.
- Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment or unsupervised as required
- Knowledge and commitment to ensuring a safe workplace
What we offer:
- A highly supportive, team environment.
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
How to Apply:
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. For more information about this position please contact Sonya Chandra - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner at Sonya.Chandra@Downergroup.com
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time