Mechanical Project Engineer
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight our Facilities and Asset Services division works closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets and facilities.
Our Power & Energy business is seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer to join the outage team at Bayswater Power Station, located in Muswellbrook, New South Wales, in preparation for a major outage scheduled for September 2023. In this site-based role you will provide technical support the team, ensure consistency of work, deliver on project outcomes (time, cost, quality, safety), identify opportunities for improvements and commit to working within both the client and Downer requirements.
- An experienced Project Engineer with Engineers Australia recognised Tertiary Qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience working in a site-based construction environment, with power generation and/or shutdown experience preferred
- The ability to work well under pressure and in an ever-changing environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an understanding of schedules and cost control
- Ability to coordinate design requirements, and compile construction methodology documentation
- Clear and concise communication style with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Office applications, with the ability to learn new systems
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full-time project term role from February 2023 until December 2023, with potential for permanency or subsequent project works
- Site based role at Bayswater Power Station in Muswellbrook, NSW, with LAFHA or accommodation provided for distant workers
- Competitive salary package with a project allowance
- Monday – Friday roster during planning stages, and 6/1 roster during outage execution
- Opportunity for learning and development within a large and growing organisation
- A dynamic team environment and supportive culture, with a strong focus on health & safety
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online via the advertisement, email applications will not be accepted. For technical queries, please contact Recruitment Business Partner Auri.Niinioja@Downergroup.com
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
Back to search results