Job ID: 596588
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our team in Newport on a full-time permanent basis.
This is an opportunity for you to work on iconic rolling stock projects with a high performing team. We pride ourselves as a workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
The Team Leader is responsible for overseeing and managing employees in their daily activities, including safety, productivity and performance. This position will provide frontline technical supervision and support to the manager in ensuring the planned works are executed safely, fault analysis process is smooth, maintenance records are updated and accurate, quality and client expectations are met and the business is working to the optimal delivery level.
- Meet the requirements of a rail safety worker
- Previous experience in a supervisory position with appropriate trade qualifications as a Diesel Mechanic. Rollingstock experience preferred
- Experience in planning / tracking of labour hours.
- Proven experience in the maintenance and management of work schedules
- Able to work shifts – (Seven-day fortnight 2 on 2 off 11.43 Hr days)
- Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment or unsupervised as required
- Knowledge and commitment to ensuring a safe workplace
What we offer:
- Full time permanent opportunity with a competitive remuneration package
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- The ability to work on a key rolling stock project with an industry leader
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
How to Apply:
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. For more information about this position please contact Jessica Burley – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner email Jessica.Burley@downergroup.com
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time