Job ID: 564983
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Forbes, Mogo
Categories: Civil Engineering, Graduates
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
- Based in Forbes NSW
- ASX listed organisation
- Full-time permanent opportunitity
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of roads. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country. Downer continues to be an innovator in the sustainable asphalt industry, running plants that use recyclable products and environmentally sustainable methods.
Due to organic growth, we are seeking a Graduate Engineer to join our high performing Spray Seal team based in Forbes, NSW. Working with a collaborative supportive team you will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from tender to close out within this niche business.
The successful candidate will work with our crews to develop a strong understanding of the business and field operations. This is an opportunity to gain experience across multiple national projects with extensive travel required.
Ideally you are a recent civil engineering/construction graduate;
- Exposure to civil construction would be highly advantageous but not essential
- Have a willingness and enthusiasm to learn all aspects of our operations
- An understanding of planning, execution and reporting of projects
- Be outcome focused with efficient communication, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Some demonstrated ability to work with people both in a team and autonomously
- Proficient computer skills in particular Project and Excel
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
- Be enthusiastic and seeking an opportunity to make a significant contribution
- Have the courage to challenge yourself and try new things
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Samantha.Temple@downergroup.com
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time