Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Auckland Operations are busy and gearing up for exciting times ahead with large growth on the horizon and a need for expert Crane Operators and Crane Technicians. At Downer NZ we're inspired by challenge and the chance to create a better future. Our people share a passion for excellence and the desire to inspire others.
About the role:
As a Crane Operator, you will transport cranes to and from sites safely and accurately. You will ultimately control cranes to lift, move, position and place machinery, equipment and other large objects at construction sites and various locations. You will need to be self-motivated and autonomous in your work as you will often be out on jobs as the sole representative of Downer. Day to day you will:
- Carry out activities in accordance with project plans and targets
- Make sure all plant and/or equipment under your control is presented, maintained and operated in a professional, safe and efficient manner
- Ensure pre-start checks of plant and/or equipment are carried out, documented and filed correctly, including Daily Job Records.
- Advise the Operations Manager of any plant or equipment repairs and maintenance that may be required
You will use your strong people skills to build genuine and lasting relationships with our customers. Plus you’ll have the skills and experience to help us achieve our strategic objectives.
As you’ll be working on Taxi Cranes you’ll ideally bring with you current NZQA crane qualifications and a Class 5 Licence (We will still consider you if on a Class 4 as training can be provided).
You will also:
- Have a strong commitment to safety, taking your time and doing things right the first time, every time
- Be a team player with strong communication skills and a can-do attitude
- Be BESS registered or be able to obtain this
Perks of joining team Downer:
- A stable working environment in a permanent position
- Full Time hours guaranteed – industry leading rates
- Training and development opportunities
- Variety from week to week as no two days will be the same
- Uniform and safety gear provided
A role with Downer can assist you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. We will reward you with competitive pay rates and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 570293.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Back to search results