Site Facilities Manager - Rimutaka Prison
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We have entered into a long term Asset Management and Facilities Management Contract with the Department of Corrections and the Ministry of Justice. We are currently seeking a Site Facilities Manager to join our team at Rimutaka Prison based at Trentham in Upper Hutt.
About your role:
Our Site Facilities Manager is a critical role within our business with responsibility for leading a large technical team; ensuring on time, quality and, safe jobs delivery and managing workflows over a 24/7 period. In this role, you will see yourself:
- Driving a strong commitment to Health & Safety;
- Using a contemporary leadership style to support your team with solid technical solutions;
- Understanding and managing a KPI Driven environment;
- Using your financial skills; including cost containment and productivity management
- Working autonomously and as part of the broader Downer Team
This is not a job for the faint hearted. Prison environments are demanding and workflows can be unpredictable. You will need to be well organised and be able to multi-task. You will take ownership of the site and be prepared to manage high priority or complex jobs on weekends and after hours.
A bit about you:
- You will be a strong and energetic people leader with well-developed relationship management ability, good commercial acumen and current facilities management experience and will bring with you;Management qualification and/or demonstrated management skills and experience;
- Minimum 7 years’ current experience within the facilities management industry;
- Demonstrated experience in managing a 24/7 critical function facility (prison, hospital, emergency complex);
- Strong analytical and numeric skills and demonstrated commercial acumen;
- Experience in driving operational activities to ensure quality is achieved, work is completed to schedule and, rework is minimised;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ownership, commitment and an ability to meet deadlines;
- Current working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015;
- Working knowledge of building compliance and regulatory requirements;
- Intermediate level of computer literacy including MS Outlook, Word, and, Excel.
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 570301 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results