Project Engineer - Civil Earthworks
Job ID: 571367
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. We employ more than 53,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand but also in the Asia-Pacific region, South America and Southern Africa.
Transport Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business continues to secure further opportunities Nationally as we continue to build on our reputation of meeting and delivering on Australia’s major Transportation needs.
Due to large scale projects coming online we are now seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Project Engineer to join our progressive Rail / Civil Infrastructure team to help build sustainable, long lasting infrastructure solutions.
You will have an exciting opportunity to commence early on the projects as part of a plan, design and construct team where you will have the opportunity to share your expertise and have a major impact on project outcomes.
Reporting to NEWest Alliance Project Engineer, you will be coordinating the design, procurement and construction elements for a designated area on the project to ensure safety, time, cost and environmental objectives are achieved.
- Coordinate procurement for the designated work area
- Negotiate subcontract/supply packages
- Undertake subcontract management and administration
- Coordinate construction elements for the designated work area
- Manage the planning, daily costings, monitoring, measuring and reporting of progress and cost
- Manage budgets and create accurate forecasts as the scope of work owner
- Assisting the Senior Project Engineer in preparing accurate monthly reports
- Tertiary level qualifications in a related discipline area
- Minimum of five years relevant experience
- Sound Technical knowledge and skills in Civil and Earthworks Engineering
- Proven experience from a Tier 1 or Tier 2 major civil contractor desirable
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- An attractive remuneration package along with an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment within a highly successful, ASX listed organisation
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfill their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. If you are focused and aspired to grow your career in a challenging and leading-edge environment, you will have a future with great possibilities with us.
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on “Apply Now” button.
Applications must be submitted through the on-line portal. For more information about this position please contact Marie Hetherington via email email@example.com
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time