Configuration Engineer - HCMT
Job ID: 571376
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Melbourne’s next-generation High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMT) will be smoother, quieter, more comfortable and carry 20 per cent more passengers per service. As well as designing and manufacturing 65 new trains, the project includes the construction of a new depot and driver training facilities. Through the High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMT) project, Downer are currently manufacturing trains to go into service on the Melbourne rail network.
We are currently seeking a Configuration Engineer to support managing engineering changes to Rolling Stock assets and support static and dynamic testing on the Pakenham test track and the MTM rail network. This includes working within the configuration management (CM) environment, policy and procedure guidelines, CM planning, reporting and audits, product scope change control, version control, CM documentation and product component integration for the HCMT project.
- Degree qualifications – Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent (must be registered with Engineers Australia or working towards “member” status)
- Understanding of change management principles
- Engineering design and change management processes
- Problem solving procedures and methods
- Experience with Rollingstock design and operations
- Experience in a manufacturing organisation or Rail environment
- Sound understanding of Work Health & Safety, and Rail (Product) Safety legislative requirements
- Rail safety management system knowledge preferred
- Excellent computer skills with experience in the development and management of information systems, MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to provide rapid and effective engineering support to management and trade staff.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to conduct detailed investigations and provide clear and decisive results and written reports.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Opportunity to take an active role in the production of new, high capacity trains for the Melbourne network
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward-thinking company
- Full time Fixed term position (10 months) with an excellent remuneration package on offer
- East Pakenham location (VIC)
If you want to be a part of this high-profile exciting project, please APPLY NOW via the online application to be considered for this role.
Please note we do not accept applications directly via email, please apply directly through the online portal
“Not withstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time