Human Resources Superintendent - Carrapateena
Job ID: 571390
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Adelaide, Carrapateena, Port Augusta
Categories: Human Resources
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, finding the right people is critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands. As part of this growth, we are currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Superintendent to join the team at the Carrapateena Underground Project. This is an opportunity for a driven, dynamic and experienced HR professional to truly partner with the business on a world class operation with an extensive mine life.
Your ability to provide operational HR leadership, build HR capability and ensure effective HR delivery will ensure your ongoing success and progression within our business. This role will be based at our Carrapateena Project near Port Augusta in South Australia and will work a 5:2 roster.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your key responsibilities include:
- Operate as an active member of project management team and promote a culture of continual improvement throughout project team.
- Interpret human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and regulations and educate all stakeholders.
- Coach the operational line regarding all human resources related matters.
- Maintain ongoing communication and provision of necessary advice and support, to internal and external customers on generalist HR issues.
- Ensure compliance with HR policies, standards and procedures.
- Identification, development and implementation of improvement initiatives and providing direction and support to line managers and staff.
- Maintain and develop ‘business partner’ relationships to ensure operational needs are met in short and medium term.
- Lead workforce mobilisation and demobilisation activities as required.
- Provide employee and industrial relations support to relevant site teams including advice in relation to performance management and discipline.
- Partner with employee relations specialists to engage the wages workforce in periodic enterprise agreement negotiations.
- Drive a high performance culture, inclusive of periodic planning, review, feedback and improvement processes.
To be successful you will require the following:
- Bachelor level and/or Diploma level qualification in human resources is essential.
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to negotiate and advocate regarding all HR related matters.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work within the Fair Work Act 2009.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change related human resources improvement projects.
- Proven ability to influence senior leaders & key stakeholders at all levels.
- Project/Program Management – both strategic and operational.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver improved commercial outcomes through business improvement projects.
- Highly collaborative with ability to understand and adapt to multiple (at times competing) agendas.
- Enthusiastic approach to work with an underlying values-based orientation.
- Solution focused approach with a commitment to creating win-win outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop strong relationships with peers, managers and cross business unit teams.
WHAT WE OFFER
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
For further questions please contact email@example.com
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: Cen. Australia Standard Time