Project Manager (Electrical) - NorthWest Operations
Job ID: 571408
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Management, Maintenance
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Due to continued growth Downer are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Electrical Project Managers to join our Asset Services Business Unit division for upcoming projects in the resources sector, based out of our Perth operations.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for building and leading high performing project teams to expertly delivery asset integrity management services during shutdown and maintenance projects.
We are interested in your experience managing Iron Ore projects or other mining and mineral processing facility projects with a demonstrated track record of exceptional safety, financial and schedule performance.
You will be an accomplished safety leader, excellent communicator and have a strong customer focus, with experience leading projects during bid phase and transitioning to execute highly desirable.
Due to the remote nature of our projects frequent travel/working away will be required for periods of time, in-line with project requirements.
- Previous experience in the management and delivery of multi-discipline complex brownfield projects with a background in shutdowns and maintenance projects;
- Electrical Engineering / Trade qualification or, relevant technical background and experience;
- A proven ability to develop and maintain key internal and external relationships;
- A proven track record of site management with safety, customer service and financial responsibilities;
- A demonstrable commercial, contract and financial management skills combined with proven change and people management experience;
- An analytical ability to resolve commercial issues and an ability to minimise risks and maximise opportunities, is a must, as well as refined financial reporting skills;
- Previous experience on maintenance and shutdown projects in a similar role is essential;
- Strong HSEQ focus and leadership capability;
- Detailed knowledge of Primavera (P6) or MS Projects covering Critical Path Management, Earned Value Management, advanced resource allocation, project baseline comparisons and project reporting;
- A high level of business and commercial acumen with the ability to read, interrogate and interpret cash, cost, WIP and revenue project position with a sound understanding of production controls, procurement plans and programs;
- Excellent leadership and people management skills; and
- Highly effective written and oral communications skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- A supportive and dynamic team;
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company; and
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the Apply now button
For more information please contact Tracy Snyman – email@example.com
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time