Guided Weapons Engineer - Defence
Job ID: 571442
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems requires a Level 3 Guided Weapons Engineer to work in a Systems Program Office within Defence located in Canberra with travel potentially required to Nowra, NSW.
The successful candidate shall be responsible, under limited direction from the PM and PEM, to manage and deliver outstanding EO and weapons safety assessment requirements for an AIR project. This is a specialist role which would potentially suit an ex ADF Weapons Engineering Officer.
Key skills and requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in an applicable engineering discipline relating to military aircraft weapons and Explosive Ordinance (EO).
- Experience in development and completion of Weapons Engineering Design Reviews (EDR) and Explosives Risk Assessments (ERA).
- Experience in drafting EO and weapons safety assessments.
- Experience in developing safety cases for weapons and EO.
- Able to meet ITARs constraints.
- An experienced Weapons Engineer who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time