Integrated Logistics Support Officer - Defence
Job ID: 571860
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Procurement/Supply Chain
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems is currently seeking an experienced ILS Officer for an opportunity within LC3SPO. Candidates must be Australian citizens and applicants residing outside of Australia will not be considered.
The ILS Officer is accountable under limited direction to perform and achieve complex logistics management work within an integrated workforce. They require knowledge of and compliance with legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence’s mission and policy requirements. The ILS Officer will establish and maintain stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to ensure project deliverables are met.
Specific duties include:
- ILS Management of C2SSO Technical Documentation in support of TLS engineering change activities.
- ILS Management of changes to C2SSO Technical documentation as a result of LAND 200 activities.
- Ongoing management and provision of Technical Spares Assessor activities .
- Drafting of Defence Specification's supporting the various capability hardware baselines previously introduced.
- Provision of Technical Advice to hardware related sustainment activities.
- Provision of ILS and CMT-L Mentoring to C2SSO personnel.
General duties include:
- Maintain ILS plans related to Integrated Logistic Support and related disciplines, that support the sustainment and acquisition aspects of materiel logistics.
- Conduct various compliance activities in accordance with policy, processes and procedures that support the acquisition and sustainment of equipment in accordance with Defence requirements.
- Apply knowledge of Defence materiel logistics policies in support of sustainment and acquisition activities.
- Maintain relationships with key LC3SPO stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience managing Integrated Logistics Support tasks for large complex projects within Defence.
- Experience developing ILS documentation.
- Experience managing ILS instructions and plans.
- Experience working in a high performing project team.
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time