Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems requires the services of one experienced Security Specialist to deliver pre-certification services and advice to projects on ICT security issues that may arise during the execution and delivery of the projects.
The Services, delivered in collaboration with and under supervision by nominated Defence personnel, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide a dedicated information security lead advisory service to assigned ICT program and and/or project(s).
Development of required security assurance documentation for systems certification activities.
Communication within the ICT Program, other Information security peers and ICT teams.
Work effectively in a small team environment.
Provide knowledge/skills transfer to other team members.
Record and maintain files/information in accordance with Defence requirements.
Key skills and requirements:
Demonstrated experience and knowledge in conducting security assurance activities against Australian Government security policy or related information security policy frameworks.
Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality security documentation to enable certification of projects.
Demonstrated high-levels of self-motivation and ability to work under limited supervision to achieve assurance outcomes.
Demonstrated strong communication skills with a focus on stakeholder engagement and management.
Experience in planning, analysis, development and maintenance of security plans, pre-certification or interim authority to operate deliverables.
Formal qualifications from a recognised tertiary institute or relevant industry experience in Engineering or Information Technology that is transferable to the security domain.
Experience and knowledge of contemporary IT security issues facing corporations.
Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills.
Strong commitment to achieve stakeholder success.
Experience in delivery of cyber security advisory services at the solution engineering level to projects and programs of work.
Experience at developing solutions to complex business problems.
Experience at conducting threat modelling.
Experience working within Enterprise technology delivery teams.
- An experienced ICT Security Specialist who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
- Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.