Quality Assurance Weld Inspection Officer
Job ID: 572346
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Trades, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Quality
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rollingstock Services is committed to providing the highest quality of Rollingstock & Overhaul services for both the local QLD and greater Australian markets.
About the role:
Quality Assurance Weld Inspection Officer will work in a team environment to ensure quality standards are met within project timeframes. You will participate in ongoing reviews of Project Delivery, Quality, and Completions requirements to ensure best practice for the collection of Quality Completion deliverables.
- In-process production audits
- Monitor compliance at Workshop Level
- Verify and process check-sheets
- Maintain QA noticeboards
- Support the Quality Coordinator
- Assist investigations
Skills and experience:
- Mechanical Trade qualifications
- Weld inspections in Engineering or Construction
- Application of ISO 9001 QM Systems
- EPC or turn-key Project experience
Downer believes that our employees are fundamental to the culture and success of the company. Our people enjoy working in the Quality team because it is a challenging, diverse but rewarding environment. We pride ourselves as a workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment
- Work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- Build key rollingstock projects
- A workplace focused on Zero Harm
- Fulltime permanent employment
- Enterprise Agreement - Wage C10
- Regionally based at our Maryborough Facility
For further information please email Glenda.Chaffey@downergroup.com.
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time