Expression of Interest - Commercial Officer Defence
Job ID: 573047
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Information Technology, Project Management, Procurement/Supply Chain
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
The Commercial Division in Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) assists Defence to manage commercial risk across the capability and procurement life cycles to help Defence meet its objectives, maximise value for money and meet legislative and mandatory requirements.
The Division provides a range of commercial services, including procurement. contracting, commercial expertise and support, commercial policy and practice, commercial professionalisation and commercial governance and assurance.
The Division seeks to deliver high quality, timely, specialist commercial, procurement and contracting solutions to Defence throughout the procurement and capability lifecycle; and develop and manage procurement policy and commercial professionalisation for Defence.
Downer Defence Systems is seeking Expressions of Interest for Commercial Officers with the Skill Set of Procurement Methodologies, Contracting Options & Tender Development within Defence.
About the role:
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for drafting a range of commercial, procurement and contracting products such as Liability Risk Assessments (LRA), Endorsement to Proceed (ETP) submissions, Approach to Market (ATM) documentation, Evaluation Plans, Evaluation Reports, Contract Negotiation Directives, Negotiation Outcome Reports, Section 23 (S23) approval submissions. The objective is to reduce the transactional and tactical workload of executive level staff by developing the required drafts using existing templates.
Key skills and requirements:
- Engagement with customers to inform the development of innovative and tailored commercial strategies and plans.
- Managing and allocating risk appropriately and maximising value for money.
- Tailoring of tender and contract documents and procurement processes to give effect to commercial strategies and comply with Commonwealth requirements.
- Manage robust tender evaluation, collaborative negotiation and efficient contract award processes to reduce the cost of tendering and maximise value for money.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated expertise in Contracts & Procurement (preferably within Defence).
- An experienced Commercial Officer who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Experienced in the use of ASDEFCON templates.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time