Job ID: 573347
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Adelaide, Underdale
Categories: Project Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
An opportunity has become available for a Project Manager to join our team based in Adelaide, reporting into our Underdale office. This is the perfect opportunity for an established PM who specialises in substation projects to join a high performing team delivering greenfield and brownfield projects.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of assigned projects in a safe, timely, cost effective and innovative manner. Day to day duties will include leading the development of statement of works including detailed scope, design management, determining construction methodologies, financial WBS and schedule development, request for quotations, cost estimation, risk assessment and implementation of risk mitigation strategies, development and implementation project plans and overall delivery responsibility for assigned projects. It will be your responsibility to ensure projects are completed within agreed stakeholder parameters of safety, cost, time and quality.
The role will require a strong emphasis on teamwork and leadership, it is essential necessary that our project managers are willing and able to effectively lead a team.
A solid background and understanding of Energy Transmission and Distribution principles will be critical in this role. Frequent travel either locally or regionally will be required for this position. Strong emotional intelligence, resilience and adaptability will ensure your success in this position.
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering or equivalent trade background
- Formal Qualification in Project Management in combination with a minimum 10 years’ experience in delivering substation construction projects will be essential
- Demonstrated ability in proactively build relationships with key stakeholders and develop new business opportunities
- Demonstrated competence in project management including financial management, risk management, procurement management, OH&S, quality and environmental aspects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Primavera P6 and Candy
- Understanding of relevant AS/NZ/ISO standards and South Australian Electrical Industry legislation
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment that offers long term, stable work
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment
For more information please contact: Elysha Evans– Talent and Sourcing Business Partner and quote reference number 573347.
Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: Cen. Australia Daylight Time