Train Load Out Operator - Karara (TLO/SS)
Job ID: 573961
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Perth, Canning Vale, Cannington, Collie, Geraldton, Gosnells, Karara, Kewdale, Kwinana, Maddington, Malaga, Newman, Redcliffe, West Perth
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Train Load Out (TLO) Operators
Who We Are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world-leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources and energy sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
We are currently seeking experienced Train Load Out Operator to join the team at our Karara project based in the Gascoyne. FIFO Perth, 2:1 day/night roster.
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, as a key member of a high performing team you will play an integral role in implementing the client's project requirements. You will perform safe and effective production outcomes and continuous improvement principles pertaining to surface excavation, whilst operating mobile plant equipment. Scope of work includes, haul roads, stockpiles, drilling and blasting, loading and haulage of ore and waste, run of mine feed, train loading and technical services.
At least 2+ years demonstrated experience operating within an Open Cut Mining environment including;
- Train Load Out experience highly desirable
- Previous Loader experience – WA 900 and 992 Loader
- Experience operating Skid Steer and Excavator
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Current manual C-class license essential
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure.
In Return We Offer
- Competitive hourly rate
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
Karara is an established site, only a 45 minute flight from Perth. You will have your own ensuite room with all modern amenities. If you feel you have the right attributes, passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer Mining, we would like to hear from you.
For a confidential discussion please contact Donna-Marie D’Souza, Recruitment Advisor on (08) 6212 9529 or click or click Apply Now
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time