Gas Service Layer
Job ID: 575004
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Canning Vale
Categories: Trades, Maintenance, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Established in 1998, and now a Division of Downer Utilities Australia Pty Ltd, UrbanGrid Australia has grown into Western Australia's largest, most diverse civil underground utility construction company, and are continuing to expand. Providing services to Gas, Telecommunications & Water services across the Perth Metro area, we have developed a reputation as WA's best.
Based in Canning Vale, UrbanGrid Australia is a multi-award-winning business specialising in the construction and installation of underground utility assets. We have a strong focus on safety, quality, innovation and training.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to the continued growth of a rapidly growing business, we are looking for numerous experienced Gas Service Layers to carry out gas service installation for large replacement projects of metro gas connections. This role will be responsible for installation of new gas connections to housing and will be working on large replacement projects within the metro area. Other tasks will be:
- Electrofusion of Polyethene Pipelines
- Testing and Commissioning of Gas Pipelines
- Safe Isolation of Gas Pipelines
- Various Installation Technique’s Via Trenchless and Standard Conventional Methods
- Utility Asset Protection
This is a varied and hands on role that would suit a proactive and hardworking individual, looking to make their mark in a well-established company.
To be considered for the position you’ll need to have the following:
- Prior experience installing underground utilities is highly desirable
- Drivers Licence MR/HR essential
- Excavator Ticket essential
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Physically fit and capable of manual trench digging
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity for long term work working on large scale metro projects
- Work in an essential service industry
- A diverse and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to undertake traineeships and further career development
- Guaranteed hours, regular overtime and great rates
- Employee Benefits & Wellness Program
For more information, please contact Puck Jonker - Talent & Sourcing at Puck.Jonker@downergroup.com . Applications via email will not be accepted.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time