Carpenter / Pre-cast Manufacturing Worker - TAS
Job ID: 575840
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Vec Civil Engineering Pty Ltd (VEC) is a wholly owned subsidiary within the Downer Group. VEC deliver projects nationally specialising in bridges, rail, civil and water infrastructure and steel fabrication.
At VEC we are committed to zero harm and place a high level of importance on fostering a positive and safe work environment. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer.
VEC is a dynamic single source Tasmanian-based contractor recognised as an industry leader and top tier ASX listed company. We specialise in Bridge design and construction, road and rail work, Civil construction, Water infrastructure, Precast & steel fabrication services.
We are currently seeking an experienced Pre-cast Manufacturing Worker to join our highly experienced team at our Ulverstone site in Tasmania. This role will be involved in all aspects of form work from pre-cast to installation on complex civil structures including bridges and wharfs. These roles would suit individuals who have a high regard for safety and looking to build a long-term career with an Industry leader.
- Qualified with a Certificate III in any of the following disciplines; Carpentry, Form work, Concreting, or Steel Fixing
- Experience in concrete finishing is essential
- 5 years or more experience in a similar role
- Pre/post-stressing experience is highly regarded
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Experience in heavy or civil industries (highly desirable)
- Commitment to safety and perform all duties with best practice in regard to safety processes and guidelines
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and exciting work environment
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
With your application, please ensure you attach a copy of your Resume. Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link. For more information, please contact Sarah De Zilva – Talent and Sourcing Business Partner
P: 0439 298 594
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time