Test & Evaluation Consultant
Job ID: 575975
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Information Technology
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems is seeking to engage a Test and Evaluation (T&E) Consultant to support the delivery of communications systems within Defence. The Test and Evaluation (T&E) Consultant would augment the skillset of the Systems Engineering Team with all test and evaluation aspects of the Project. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing the T&E framework for the project, consistent with the Interim Defence Test and Evaluation Manual (IDTEM) requirements.
- Establishing, coordinating and leading the project T&E Working Group (TEWG) with applicable stakeholders to develop appropriate T&E requirements for the capabilities.
- Developing and updating the ‘Project Header’ Test and Evaluation Plan in support of respective Committee Reviews and Gates, and Government Approvals, as the project progresses through the Capability Life Cycle (CLC).
- Ensuring standardisation across all test plans and related T&E activities.
- Supporting the Integrated Project Team (IPT) and Capability Boards through the provision of Subject Matter Expert (SME) advice on T&E matters.
- Leading the planning, conducting and reporting of trials in support of Preview T&E activities, to inform capability and procurement decisions.
- Supporting the planning, conducting, reporting and coordinating of Strategic Partner-led Acceptance T&E activities; and Capability Manager-led Operational T&E activities across all Capability Elements.
- Supporting the and Project Manager through the provision of timely advice pertaining to funding, schedule and risk associated with T&E activities.
- Contributing to the development of project-level planning tools such as the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Supporting commercial procurement activities including the collaborative development of Statement of Work(s) (SOW) with Strategic Partners/industry.
Essential Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Science.
- High-level of understanding of T&E fundamentals, scoping and planning considerations, test methodologies, and test integrity and safety management across T&E phases including Preview T&E, Developmental T&E, Acceptance T&E and Operational T&E.
- Experience in ICT systems, Communications systems (specifically RF and microwave) and Safety systems
- Experience in the T&E domain on major capital acquisition projects in the Defence context.
- Experience with the Defence Strategic Framework, Defence Capability Life Cycle, IDTEM and the related governance requirements.
- Experience with ATP&P review, Verification and Validation, and field testing
Desirable Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Member of a relevant Professional Body / Technical Society (e.g. Engineers Australia).
- Qualified T&E Practitioner with appropriate formal qualification.
- Experience as a T&E Consultant on a major capital acquisition project in the Defence context.
- Tertiary undergraduate degree (Mandatory),
- Tertiary postgraduate degree (desirable),
- Relevant Certifications
What we offer
- A diverse and challenging work environment
- A growing business where opportunities are favourable
- A great team where you are empowered to lead
Due to client requirements, candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency security clearance at the appropriate level (must be an Australian citizen) Please apply on line
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time