Job ID: 581495
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Management, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Group has short term opportunities available for experienced Electrical Supervisors to start immediately in the Pilbara region of WA for approximately 3 months undertaking a 20 day on / 8 day off FIFO Roster from any capital city in Australia.
If you are a highly motivated Electrical Supervisor and possess a minimum of 5 + years recent hands on construction or large maintenance projects in the mineral resource industry experience then this opportunity is for you.
This role is responsible for supervision of electrical work teams to ensure that technical and quality standards are achieved and according to time and budget parameters.
- Previous recent exposure working on large construction or maintenance projects is preferred essential with a minimum of five years recent experience in a Supervisor role;
- Electrical trade qualification essential;
- You must hold a current WA Electrical Licence;
- Direct Blue collar supervision is essential;
- Current BHP Iron Ore inductions highly advantageous;
- Current Section 44 Certification is preferred;
- Current LVR/CPR Certification is advantageous;
- Possession of a current Working at Heights, Confined Space and Gas Testing certification considered favourably;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with well-developed interpersonal and leadership capability;
- Well established Project Execution knowledge with a strong commitment to zero harm; and
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite including Excel.
What we Offer:
Downer is one of Australia's leading infrastructure and construction companies. At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear and we are committed to Zero Harm and to the career development of our people.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please click on the "apply now" link below.
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful organisation.
Successful applicants will be offered a highly competitive remuneration package. Please note all offers of employment are subject to satisfying the Project minimum requirements as well as Fitness for Work requirements.
For further information please contact Belinda Rowan on (08) 6217 5885.
Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
You must be able to demonstrate that you have the Right to Work in Australia.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time