Senior Project Planner
Job ID: 583377
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Brisbane, Maryborough
Categories: Finance & Administration, Management, Project Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer RTS is looking for an energetic Senior Project Planner to be based in Maryborough. QLD. This role is offered on a 6 month fixed term contract with the possibility of longer term.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure monitoring and reporting processes are successfully set-up and implemented on project.
- Interface with the project team, clients, stakeholders, consultants, designers, subcontractors for management of the project program.
- Ensure reports are developed with quality and within defined timeframes.
- Update, detail and maintain the Master Schedule, Baseline and Scenarios in Primavera P6 taking into account the contract requirements and overall project strategy.
- Review and oversee schedules provided by Subcontractors and Interface Contractor's advising issues that might impact the project's completion date.
- Create subplans to control and plan the works in short term basis or under demanding of the Project Manager.
- Perform delay analysis, prepare extension of time claims and assist in the preparation of expert reports.
- Support contract administration activities including project change management (subcontractor claims, variation orders and dispute resolution).
- Facilitate and oversee the risk assessment, mitigation and contingency planning process conducting Quantitative Schedule Risk Assessments on Primavera Risk Analysis.
- Drive and mentor other planners to improve overall project delivery and performance of team.
- Identify and prepare specialised reports and KPI’s for targeted focus areas to maintain / improve performance to the plan.
- Work with team to identify mitigation strategies to resolve program impacts
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with all Australian health and safety, quality and environmental legislative requirements.
- Tertiary degree, preferably in one of the following disciplines - Engineering, Construction, Building, Project Management, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ experience within Major Infrastructure works in a similar role (rail highly desirable).
- Proficient in the use of Primavera P6 and Microsoft Office is mandatory.
- Proficient in the use of Primavera Risk Analysis and PowerBI is desired.
- Significant experience in project scheduling, including experience with earned value management (EVM) using Primavera P6.
- Firm understanding of Variation / Change Management process.
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve outcomes in a timely manner
- High level of interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability working in a diverse environment
- High level of autonomy and ability to proactively define the task to achieve the defined outcome
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration for the best for organisation outcome
- Demonstrates individual commitment by pro-actively leading and participating in best practice safety and return to work initiatives
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to be part of a rewarding project that will reinvigorate the manufacturing industry and provide jobs to QLD.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
Downer Group believes that our employees are fundamental to the culture and success of the company. Our people enjoy working for us because we offer a challenging, diverse but rewarding work environment. Downer takes pride in being an employer of choice taking responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities and the environment in which we operate.
For further information please email email@example.com
Applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Screening will commence prior to the closing date
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medicals and on-going drug and alcohol screening.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
Downer Group is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity. We strongly encourage Females and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time