Regional Lead - Electrical
Job ID: 584147
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has a long history of delivering transport infrastructure projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, signalling, track and station works, rail safety technology, bridges and roads.
Due to the growth in securing and delivering large-scale Power and Water Infrastructure projects, which includes Transmission and Distribution, Waste-Water Treatment Plants and Wind Farms, we have an opportunity for a Regional Lead – Electrical to work in our Wollongong office in NSW.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Lead a small team of Senior Control System Engineers with overseeing the design, specification and commissioning of control systems.
- Understand and ensure the selection and specification of control system hardware and software components (PLC, RTU and SCADA platforms)
- Prepare and execute (commission) LV design using PLC schematics, MCC Schematics and single line diagrams.
- Review processes including HAZOPs and CHAZOPs and oversee and understand Functional Process Safety and Machine Guarding.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including multidisciplinary teams to define requirements and develop solutions.
- Support BU initiatives such as continuous improvement.
- Ensure safe behaviours and procedures are promoted and encouraged throughout the design and implementation process.
- Work in accordance with Downer’s values and demonstrate commitment, active involvement and leadership regarding zero harm, client, people and financial accountabilities.
- Tertiary qualified in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Mechatronics with control system & electrical design experience ideally working in either Industrial, Resources, Transport, Water and/or Power.
- Credible experience overseeing or working in the design, specification and commissioning of control systems
- A strong understanding of PLC, RTU and SCADA platforms proven commissioning experience of FAT & SAT preparation and execution.
- An understanding of Functional Process Safety and Machine Guarding would be an advantage
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including multidisciplinary teams to define requirements and develop solutions
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace that pushes your business skills into high gear as you work on some of Australia’s and the world’s most interesting and meaningful projects.
- A rare opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
Downer works to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, please contact Zoe Ferguson – Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner Infrastructure Projects Zoe.Ferguson@downergroup.com. Applications will not be accepted by email.
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfill their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time