Superintendent - Unified Network
Job ID: 584201
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Perth, Canning Vale
Categories: Project Management, Construction, Telecommunications
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer's Unified Field Operations – Networks (UNIFY) contract with NBN Co. manages and optimises the National Broadband Network. The objective of the contract is to “Deliver great customer experience through exceptional network management” which will be achieved by restoring the network as soon as possible after an incident has occurred whilst continually improving and ensuring the integrity of the network by undertaking proactive and reactive maintenance activities.
We now have an opportunity for a Superintendent to join our project team based out of Canning Vale, WA. Leading teams of internal and external workforces you will ensure service delivery of is on-time and to schedule. With our Zero Harm culture at the forefront, you will promote safe working practices and a culture of safe behaviours and attitudes at all times. A strong emphasis on quality is required as well as an in depth understanding of cost variations, ticket of works and schedule of rates. Previous experience in a similar role combined with your ability to be an escalation point, take control of a site, identify complex solutions and undertake field works will ensure your success in this position.
- Availability to work across a rotating shift/roster basis that can accommodate 24x7x365 days per year services contract dependent on business requirements
- Supervisory experience of a direct workforce to meet defined targets within the telecommunications industry
- An expert knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: HFC, Copper, Fibre or Active Equipment Installation (Qualification/Accreditation preferred)
- A thorough understanding of service delivery processes with a self-sufficient, flexible and customer oriented approach to work
- Safety and quality focused with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to deliver on time, to plan and to a high standard
- Ability to incorporate innovation into work processes and outputs
- Passionate and driven to provide a high level of service to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative leadership style with the ability to coach and mentor a team
- Excellent interpersonal communication and people management skills
- Team player who embraces Downer’s 4 Pillars of Safety, Delivery, Relationships and Thought Leadership.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary Package plus Tool of Trade of Vehicle
- Employee Benefits & Wellness Program
- Further develop and continue your telecommunications career
For more information please contact Paula Collins - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner – email@example.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time