HSE Manager - FAS Port Hedland
Job ID: 584334
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Management, Health Safety & Environment
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Facilities Asset Services are looking for candidates who have a high regard for people and safety. Your management experience and passion for health and safety, and, your encouragement of relationship building between stakeholders and clients will certainly qualify you for further discussion.
This is a full time opportunity to join the Downer leadership team in Perth with site travel required.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work in accordance with Downer’s values and demonstrate commitment, active involvement and leadership regarding zero harm, client, people and financial accountabilities
- Stakeholder engagement to encourage a strong safety culture
- Develop and nurture client relationships at a senior level
- Oversee the activities of the HSE Advisors during services performed throughout shutdowns, outages and minor capital works
- Strategic planning and change management
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are completed in a timely manner
- Coordinate any investigations into incidents that occur on site
- Ensure full compliance with Downer’s Zero Harm policies and procedures and the projects management plans and processes
- Ensure all on-site project activities, processes and systems comply with relevant legislation
- Solid experience from a maintenance and shutdown background essential
- An experienced Zero Harm Manager with demonstrable experience influencing the performance of leadership to deliver safety in their areas of responsibility
- Demonstrable and successful change management experience gained with relevant Zero Harm management experience / capability in a similar business environment.
- The ability to evaluate, interpret and implement ZH policies, procedures and systems within a large complex matrix organisation.
- Significant experience in relation to critical risk management, incident investigation & root cause analysis
- Minimum Certificate IV in OHS or equivalent. Bachelor of Science in OHS preferred
- The ability to work under pressure, manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- High level interpersonal skills with experience in relationship building and management, organisation, problem solving and delivering exceptional customer service;
- Perth based
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full time position
- The opportunity to work with a diverse range of disciplines, taking on new and exciting challenges
- Competitive salary
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information please contact Belinda.Rowan@downergroup.com.
Applications must be submitted through the respective job portal as we do not accept resumes via email.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time