Job ID: 584888
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Trades, Health Safety & Environment
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Be part of an exciting project team delivering multiple Passenger rolling stock projects for our client in Queensland.
Downer Rail and Transit Systems are looking for a Technical Trainer to join the team based in Maryborough on a 6 month fixed term contract. Downer is delivering accessibility upgrades to Queensland’s fleet of New Generation Rollingstock (NGR) trains, with work taking place from our historic Maryborough Service Delivery Centre. All 75 trains, manufactured by Bombardier Transportation, are being upgraded in Maryborough, with works including larger toilet modules and improved accessibility features.
About the role:
The Technical Trainer reports into the Technical Training Manager and will play a key role in our Rail & Transit Systems business developing, delivering and evaluating technical training for current and upcoming projects in our Maryborough facility. The role will be responsible for the orientation of new staff so that they have the knowledge and skills to undertake projects (e.g. overhauls, upgrades, testing and maintenance of fleets) under Downer’s contractual obligations.
The technical trainer will assist in conducting training needs analysis, developing courses or sourcing appropriate external solutions, delivering training, assessing competence and administering courses/assessments.
- Relevant trade qualifications in mechanical and/or electrical streams
- Teaching qualification to TAE 40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment or equivalent desirable
- 2 years + in a similar role working in a multi-disciplined technical environment, rolling stock (highly desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including implementing change and negotiation with the effective communication skills and high attention to detail.
- People management skills, including conflict resolution, team building and the ability to build strong sustainable relationships both internally and externally to the business
- Work in accordance with Downer’s values and demonstrate commitment, active involvement and leadership regarding zero harm and the safety of all clients, people and financial accountabilities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to be part of a rewarding project that will reinvigorate the manufacturing industry and provide jobs to QLD.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
Downer Group believes that our employees are fundamental to the culture and success of the company. Our people enjoy working for us because we offer a challenging, diverse but rewarding work environment. Downer takes pride in being an employer of choice taking responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities and the environment in which we operate.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Screening will commence prior to the closing date
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medicals and on-going drug and alcohol screening.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
Downer Group is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity. We strongly encourage Females and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time