Planning Manager – Power Systems
Job ID: 585020
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: North Ryde, Brisbane, Melbourne
Categories: Management, Project Management, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has a long history of delivering transport infrastructure projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, signalling, track and station works, rail safety technology, bridges and roads.
Reporting into the Head of Planning we have an outstanding opportunity for a Planning Manager to develop project programs, identify risks and opportunities, communicate progress and analyse program activities. Pivotal to this will be to prepare and review claims submissions and carry out independent project reviews.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provide governance and direction to the project planners and advise, consult with technical support to enable successful project/business outcomes.
- Review subcontractors' construction programmes and other 3rd Party programmes.
- Provide guidance to create a realistic project schedule & identify schedule related risks and opportunities.
- Review tender programmes with Bid Manager and / or Estimating Manager prior to submission.
- Engage in procurement of planning staff on an as needs basis for the BU as developed through the regional resource management plan and as consulted with National Manager for Workforce planning purposes.
- Prepare regional reports for project performance and ascertain status of projects in delivery and evaluate delivery programmes.
- Work within the company standards and align with the planning operating model and ensure all planning activities comply.
- Work proactively with the client on issues, collaborate on solutions and continuous improvement, provide regular reporting, and meet information sharing requirements.
- Work in accordance with Downer’s values and demonstrate commitment, active involvement and leadership regarding zero harm, client, people and financial accountabilities.
- Tertiary qualified or Associate Diploma in construction / engineering with significant experience gained from a similar role in project planning on-site.
- Demonstrated ability in proactively building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Commercial comprehension of contract documents, particularly time-related elements, and drawings.
- High level of proficiency in construction methodologies, safety requirements and resource planning as well as developing realistic programmes for tenders and delivery with planning software.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, with a proven track record in effectively managing internal stakeholder expectations with competing priorities and issues.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- We are all different. That is why Downer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture that promotes the skills and insights of all its people irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, ability, age or sexual orientation.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company that continues to grow through major organic growth, project wins and acquisitions.
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment and a range of financial benefits to support your financial needs and to recognise your commitment to your work.
- Due to our company size, we are able to provide access to a variety of benefits at incredible discounts to support you and your family’s lifestyle needs.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For more information, please contact Zoe Ferguson – Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner - Infrastructure Projects email@example.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement. No agency CV’s please.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time