Job ID: 587047
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Leadership, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
- Based in Katherine, NT
- Long Term Government Contracts
- Relocation Support Provided
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our high performing Pavement and Road Maintenance team based in Katherine. This is a permanent full-time position for a self-driven manager to work with an enthusiastic team delivering civil works contracts across the state.
- Ideally you will have qualifications in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of civil road improvement, maintenance projects or pavement rehabilitation works
- Substantial exposure to resource planning and business / project management
- Astute in the preparation of project budgets and review of financial information to make sound business decisions
- You will be an active team member in the preparation of tenders and negotiations of contracts
- Possesses strong negotiation & problem solving skills
- Built a reputation on trust by delivering on promises with excellence while focusing on safety, value for money and efficiency
- A natural relationship builder who collaborates to build and sustain enduring relationships
- Proficient computer skills with a high competence in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Samantha.Temple@downergroup.com.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Central Standard Time