Director of Engineering Power and Renewables - IP ES
Job ID: 590850
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Sydney, North Ryde, Melbourne
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Leadership
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has a long history of delivering leading engineering solutions to Power and Renewables projects under a variety of contracting models. Our multi-disciplinary national design team of over 200 professionals is experienced in value engineering dedicated to construction projects and are widely recognised in Australia as some of the best professionals in their field. We provide engineering services throughout the complete project delivery life cycle including concept and detailed design, drafting, procurement and construction support, as well as testing and commissioning expertise. We take pride in our diverse engineering team’s ability to comply with Australian Safety, Regulatory and Legislative requirements.
We leverage the latest software and design tools, digital engineering and continuously challenge acceptable standards to deliver practical and efficient engineering solutions. This journey will continue as we work towards delivering on our vision of being a System Solution Integrator for Downer’s Growth and Success, focusing on these four areas:
- Technical Leadership
- Execution Excellence
- Innovation for Success
- Trusted Partnership
The Engineering Director, Power and Renewables is responsible for managing a national team of qualified engineers and drafters that provide engineering design and conduct associated activities including tender design, detailed design, design management, construction support, commissioning, procurement support and vendors liaison within the Power and Renewables sector, with a particular focus on HV substations, transmission lines, BESS and solar projects.
THE ROLE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Leadership and day to day management of the national Power and Renewables team (circa 60 FTEs).
- Developing technical excellence, innovation and continuous improvement of the engineering group.
- Building capability of team, including people, IP, tools, systems and processes which contribute to successful engineering delivery.
- Ensuring delivery on time and on budget of engineering projects within the Renewable sector, in accordance with Downer management system.
- Preparation and attendance of Project Management Reviews with the Design Managers to ensure successful outcome.
- Monthly reporting of overall performance of the group.
- Approval of group overhead expenses up to financial Delegation of Authority.
- Management of staff utilisation.
- Identify improvements to the Group’s systems, processes and procedures for efficient delivery of projects.
- Active contribution to the national engineering strategy.
- Degree qualified.
- 15+ years’ experience, minimum 5 years management experience.
- Proven experience in people and technical management through all project delivery phases.
- Experience in engineering of substations, transmission lines, renewable energy and BESS projects.
- Experience in managing financial performance of teams.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A challenging and diverse organisation and client portfolio, where your skills and experience will be utilised daily to create innovative Engineering designs.
- An organisational culture where your opinion is encouraged & valued, and your thoughts can make a difference.
- A large organisation where you can develop and progress your career.
HOW TO APPLY
- To register your application; please use the link and apply online as applications sent directly to the recruitment team will not be valid.
- If you require further information on this great opportunity, please contact the recruitment team via email: email@example.com
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPROACHES
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time