Procurement and Equipment Coordinator
WHO WE ARE
VEC Civil Engineering is a proud Tasmanian company, highly regarded for expertise in the design and construction of complex structures including bridge, road, rail and water infrastructure, civil construction, and steel and concrete fabrication.
We’re part of the Downer Group, and together with Downer we form a strong Tasmanian business based on the strength that comes from deep local knowledge and experience, combined with national scale and capability.
We’re growing our business and we’re looking for an experienced Procurement and Equipment Coordinator to join our team.
- Coordinate the supply of standard items to meet internal requirements
- Receipting of goods and services
- Must be capable of controlling equipment and managing expenditure on materials for project needs
- Lean Manufacturing (5S) background is advantageous
- Highly motivated and the ability to work unsupervised
- Proficient MS office skills
- Experience using JDE desirable but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- MR, LF, DG, RB is desirable but not essential
WHAT WE OFFER
We know our people are our greatest asset, and that’s why we invest in their growth. As part of the Civil Contractors Federation’s 2021 awards (Tas), Downer and VEC won the Commitment to Training and Skills Development.
- The opportunity to work with an energetic, highly skilled team
- Championing health and safety initiatives for all our employees
- Competitive remuneration under and Enterprise Agreement
For more information please contact Tisha Wiggins on 0487 106 596. Contact details are provided only to request further information.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
Back to search results